Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Radical Self Love Questions

A bit over a week ago Gala Darling published a blog with some questions to ask ourselves about Radical Self Love. I read the questions. And then I took a while to digest the questions. Today I finally found the courage to tackle some of the questions. I don't know why I was so reluctant to answer the questions. Well, now I've thought about some of the questions. I have to say the answer to the first question was a lot longer when I thought about it in my head, but when I wrote it down it came together in a more succinct way and yet still says everything I think about it. In any case I left extra space in my note book in case I decide to expand on it. So without any further ado, here are my answers to some of the questions:

What does Radical Self Love mean to you?
Radical Self Love to me pure and simply means to love oneself. Of course there are many aspects to it. It means striving to be the best person one can be, but to also accept and learn to love one's faults and weaknesses. Taking the bad with the good and attempting to live life to its fullest.

If you were engaging in Radical Self Love on a daily basis what tould it look like?
In response to this questions I drew a picture of myself hugging myself and smiling. Just looking at it makes me smile. :)

What small pieces of that can you bring into your life today?
Even though I didn't answer the previous questions with words I surprised myself by actually having concepts in my head that went along with the picture. :) My answer to this qustion was:
Treat my body well: - Sleep enough (or at least try)
- Get regular exercise (I just joined a gym!)
- Not eating too much junk and substituting in healthier food where possible

Dressing up and looking the best I can so I can be proud walkng around, even if I'm not feeling great or I'm in a bad mood or I'm feeling lonely. :)

Telling myself that I'm awesome on a daily basis.

I wrote the next two questions into my Radical Self Love Bible and left a page free each to answer them. I'll post them on here when I've answered them.

No comments:

Post a Comment