Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm sick. :-(

So I’m sick. Lucky me. Headache, sore throat, upset stomach, the lot.
I started feeling sick on Thursday. I initially though the headache and sore throat were down to listening to students bashing away on keyboards, drums and electric guitar and talking over said instruments, respectively. But apparently not. The next day I managed to get through teaching the year 10s for first period and it was actually the best lesson I had taught so far. After that it went downhill with me feeling like I was going to throw up, my throat hurting like hell and my head punding. Yay. I stayed until after school, watched the barbershop choir rehearse and then went to the city to buy a present for my friend who has her 21st tonight. Which I’m not attending cos I still feel like shit.
Thursday night I couldn’t sleep properly and kept waking up because my throat was killing me. Yesterday evening I was about to head home when Annie called me and said that she had tickets for this Greek performers in the concert hall. It was some fundraising thing for St. Andrew’s. Apparently they have Greek ties, who knew? It was fun. It reminded me of holidays in Greece. Especially with all the Greek people in the audience. Greek women sure know how to dress tackily. Well, not all of them. Just the ones in their 30s and 40s. Ah well. Who knows, maybe I’ll be walking around in a spandex reptile print turquoise mini-dress one day... Just like when I was 10. Oh the memories.
Anyway, I ended up leaving during interval cos I felt like shit and was soooooo tired. Luckily for me my parents were on their way home from the movies and had just got on the freeway. So they decided to turn around and come pick me up at the concert hall. Yay!
So this morning I didn’t go to WAYO. And tonight I’m not going to my friend’s 21st. I was really looking forward to it. Seeing her and all my other friends from high school again. I don’t see them nearly often enough. Finally meeting her boyfriend. Partying after teaching all week! But just the thought of leaving the house is enough to make me collapse on my bed indefinitely. Well, at least for the next ten minutes. There is no way I’d survive more than an hour at a party right now. And what would be the point in that? I also called up my boss and told her that I can’t work tomorrow. She was very nice about it. I wonder who’ll be doing my shift...
Oh, I should also call Sam and let him know that I won’t be at rehearsal tomorrow evening. Gah. Being sick is more effort than just turning up to rehearsals, work and parties.
So now I’m listening to Reggae in an effort to actually know more than the year 9s I’m teaching next week.... I’m trying to get as much lesson planning as possible done on the weekend. When I get home from school I’m too tired to get much work done. I really want to do some practice. Right now I don’t have the energy to play viola, but hopefully once I’m better I can squeeze in ten minutes or so... I’m also supposed to learn my part for eneksis. Although not sure if my throat will be up to singing by Monday’s rehearsal... So, time to do some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment